I have skin wrinkles under my eye that really bother me and a Dr injected Botox under my eye and it made it worse! (Photo)

My questions are, should he have used filler or put the Botox in a different place, or should I get an under eye lift after my Botox wears off? I ABSOLUTLEY hate my under eye circles and wrinkles. Should I go to a plastic surgeon that specializes in under eyes or should any plastic surgeon be able to help me? I added several different expressions for before and after photos. I wish the before pics were better and closer but hopefully you can get the just. not the same doc who did my breasts

Treatments for under the eyes

Thank you for your question NoMoreSaggyPatty. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the crow's feet seen around the eyes when on smiles. A small amount of Botox can be placed directly under the eyes to address wrinkles there. Sometimes when a muscle is relaxed with Botox other nearby muscles are recruited to compensate for the relaxed muscle. Bunny lines on the nose can also be treated with Botox. Other treatments under the eyes include fillers such as Restylane which helps with the hollows and shadowing and fractional laser resurfacing, which helps with fine lines and wrinkles. A good eye cream is also helpful. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox under the eye

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concern is a common one. Botox or Dysport should be injected into the crows feet, not under the eye. The hollows that you have are best treated with a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm but these may or may not improve the dark circles but likely would help. Retinol eye cream or light peels will also improve fine lines. Keep in mind that when you smile it raises your cheeks so you will always have some compression lines under the eyes when animating. See an experienced PS for a hands on evaluation.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkle treatment with Botox, fillers, microneedling and laser resurfacing #Williamsville NY

Thank you for your question and picture posts.

This requires combination treatment with microneedling, laser resurfacing, filler and mini Botox. See someone who has expertise in all of the above techniques for under eye wrinkles. 

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Volume loss around eyes

I see this mainly as a volume problem and recommend Restylane placed with a cannula around the eyes. Cannulas are safer and have less bruising. I also see active bunny lines which could improve with some Botox.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox under eyes

Thanks for the question. Botox is designed to treat the crows feet, the wrinkles that form from smiling. Fillers are to treat the hollows under the eyes. Neither specifically treat the "dark circles" but the combination can improve the appearance. You may even need a lower blepharoplasty. A detailed exam by a facial specialist who is experienced in lower eyelid surgery would be a valuable step. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

Need a recheck

Thanks for all your photos.
Your eyes can be helped with a combo of Botox and fillers.  Both can be necessary.
Fastest solution is a little touch up of with Botox of the remaining active areas.