Can a BBL be safely performed with Tummy tuck and multiple areas Liposuction?

I am 28 years old and I've have 3 kids. I have been doing a lot of research and want a tummy tuck, liposuction to my thighs, abdomen , flanks, and back with fat transfer to the butt (bbl) Is it safe to have all of this done at one time ? I really want the BBL and I have skin and need a tummy tuck Please advise on if these procedures should be done seperate or if they're safe combined

BBL and tummy tuck at the same time

I would like to see some pictures before I can give you an accurate opinion.  The fat that is harvested to graft the buttocks come from many sources and for my practice I find that the abdomen is a significant source. Depending on the buttock needs this can preclude a simultaneous tummy tuck since harvesting the fat in any area except the lower abdomen would endanger the tummy tuck skin flap.  In the case where the deficiency is not too bad in the buttock then the fat from the lower abdomen and thighs could be enough and in that case a tummy tuck can be done.  Everything depends on your needs and the sources available.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Chow

Multiple plastic surgery procedures Los Angeles

Yes, BBL and TT can be performed at the same time. The recovery is a bit tougher, but it is quite common for me to combine these procedures.  You would need a consultation to determine if you are a candidate for either or both procedures.

Dennis Dass, MD

Yes! BBL with TT and Lipo could be performed together safely

Great question, yes this combination could potentially be performed together safely.  A combined liposuction / Brazilian Butt Lift with a Tummy Tuck is very commonly performed together and this combination of procedures is something I frequently perform as well. It is important to note that the biggest risk is the length of surgery. Being under anesthesia for over 6 or 7 hours starts to increase the risk for respiratory issues, so as long as the procedure can be performed within this time, it is safe to perform - that is if you are healthy. So it really depends on how large of a tummy tuck needs to be performed and how much liposuction will be needed to be done.  Combining these procedures allows you to undergo anesthesia, surgery, and recovery only one time verses having to do it twice. Also financially it it much less expensive to have the procedures done together.

Best of luck and hope this information helps. 

- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

If you are healthy, all of these procedures can be performed at the same time by an experienced surgeon.

Beverly Hills, CA

Multiple procedures, BBL and safety

Dear Ms. Astout,
Thank you for your questions.
Congradulations on researching prior to "diving in".
You didn't mention your height, weight, general health or medications you take.

Yes, all of the above could be done all at once based on your health status and risk factors.

I suggest you make several consultative appointments with different Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Happy Holidays for you and your family and a great 2016.

If you are in good health and with high hemoglobin levels (over 12 grams) is safe to do it all together, and better for the Body Contour will be harmonized at once.

Is something common in my every day practice, we use epidural plus IV sedation for this procedure.

Good Luck.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

BBL with TT

Absolutely you can. These two surgeries should be performed together when indicated as the regions surrounding your buttocks such as the flanks, tummy, thighs will effect your resutls as much as your buttocks enlargement itself. Please see example below of a patient who had both. A consultation would be very helpful to give you a definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD