Should I have done a lift? 33. Done having kids. Didn't have much volume left after nursing. Was told I had minor sag (Photos)

I had implants done almost a year ago. Just had revision Bc right side looks snoopy-ish and never dropped. My surgeon said its Bc I'm Right handed. After revision I look the exact same even though he opened the capsule larger. I'm wondering if this is Bc I should've had a lift? I just was seeking fullness and wasn't ready for all the lift scars, so he did as I requested and gave me 425cc mentor sil. They feel pretty heavy. I breastfed our kids for 3 years total, so this was my mommy makeover.

I just was seeking fullness and wasn't ready for all the lift scars.

It is very hard for us to tell if the asymmetry is due to the implant position  or a difference in the skin envelope, though overall your photos are good. If implants are equally soft the pocket might not be the issue, but a lift as you mention does involve breast scars so consider carefully what you wish to look like.

Results and expectations

It is difficult to say much about your symmetry as your photo is taken with one arm up, but your results look very good.  I don't think that it would be worth the scarring and expense of a lift to try and make your results any better.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Would a lift help improve my results

Hi and thank you for the question. I think the most important thing for you to do is figure out what kind of results you are looking for. With regards to the mastopexy, your nipples  are in a reasonable position and are relatively symmetric. Your breast shape appears to be a bit asymmetric based on the photos you provided. The first thing I would recommend is to go back to your Plastic Surgeon and make your concerns and goals very clear. If you get the sense that he or she isn't on the same page as you, then I would consider getting an opinion from a new plastic surgeon in your area. Find somebody who is well-known for breast surgery. Good luck to you. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift needed?

Although definitive advice will require in person evaluation (nothing replaces careful physical examination and a thorough communication of goals), it sounds like you may benefit from downsizing of breast implants and (possibly) mastopexy surgery.  

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with these types of revisionary breast operations. Then, communicate your goals carefully and learn about the pros/cons associated with all options discussed. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with.