I Am 5 1/2 Months Post Op Breast Reduction and Still Believe my Cup Size is Too Large? (photo)

This is my second post regarding this question. I was asked to submit pictures which I am doing now. I am still larger than I want to be and would like to find out if there is a possiblity that I could get a revision or modification. If so, at what cost and would it be as involved as the original surgery? From the lateral view, I look fine. However, looking at me anteriorly, I am still way larger than I wanted to be. My PS did a great job overall, I am just too large and am still uncomfortable.

Breasts Too Large after Breast Reduction Surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; overall you seem to have achieved a very nice outcome. Yes, it is possible to safely further reduce breast size. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to advise and perform the revisionary surgery. Communicate your goals clearly; in my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful when communicating size goals with breast surgery. 

Too Large After Breast Reduction

Now that you have the shape that you like, you wouldn't necessarily have to redo the whole breast reduction surgery.  Liposuction of the breasts can be a great way to reduce the breast volume with minimal pain or downtime.  This can be done, in some cases, in the surgeon's office under local anesthesia to minimize expense as well.  Breast liposuction can cause some skin loosening and create a deflated look if too much is removed, so be sure to talk to your plastic surgeon about all the pros and cons.

Gregory Pastrick, MD
Kingsport Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

Hi

At 6months the results you have are pretty much it.  Your shape and form look great, but if you think they are still too big then you should go back to your surgeon and see if he/she can reduce them some more. It is important you try and stick with the same surgeon as he/she will know the exact blood supply of your nipple. Plus it will be cheaper. I can't speak on the behalf of your surgeon but most plastic surgeons (in Australia anyway) don't charge for revisional surgery.

If you go to another surgeon they will likely charge you more than the original surgeon. Due to the increased risk of surgery. 

Good luck