Is there any permanent way to fix a chip in my front tooth? (photo)

I chipped my tooth maybe four years ago while I had braces my dentist only filed the tooth down while braces were on when's my braces came off they said there was nothing they could do now my two front teeth aren't the same length I want to know my options for a permanent fix

Doctor Answers 2

Chipped front tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The options for you include dental bonding and porcelain veneers.  Bonding may be satisfactory at a fraction of the cost of veneers; but you will need to be more careful biting on this tooth.  This is the more conservative case and most likely the best option for you that I would recommend.

Steven Goldy, DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist

Long in the Tooth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Actually, I think the shorter tooth doesn't look bad so it might make most sense to shorten the longer one to match. Should the tooth be sensitive, a filling can be placed on the edge of the tooth to make it not sensitive. That's the easiest and most sensible thing to do, in my opinion. I hope this helps!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.