Should I see a nurse or my surgeon about slight wound breakdown? (photos)

Right breast seems to be healing well. It's just my left that is of slight concern. I had my surgery almost 5 weeks ago and 2 days ago I noticed slight yellow spot appear. No pain, smell or fever associated. Is there anything I can do to help?

Slight wound breakdown

You should see your surgeon because these wounds may pose some problems regarding your healing process. It is best to make sure that these breakdown does not interfere with your healing.

London Plastic Surgeon

Incision Care

Minor wound issues are common and will usually heal well with conservative treatment but it is always a good idea to have your Doctor or Nurse see you in person for assessment and instruction.

All the best

See the surgeon

This doesn't look that bad, but it does require some interaction of the surgeon who should remove the crust and see if there is a spitting suture that needs to be removed.

See your doctor

Small openings can happen after surgery during the healing phase.  You need to keep the area clean/dry and make sure it is not getting bigger.  Also, see your doctor soon.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Post-Op Wound Healing

A full circle incision made along the border of the areola. This incision heals very well. May be associated with an increased likelihood of inability to successfully breast-feed, as compared to the other incision sites and has an increased risk of capsular contracture (hardening of implant). This incision option is ideal for saline implant placement.  Saline implants require a smaller incision because they are not filled until they are inside the body.If you are having problems or concerns with your incision, then the best thing would be to visit your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated for proper healing. From what you have described it does not sound like there is an infection as of yet, but it never hurts to have the incision checked by your surgeon to make sure everything is going well. Best of luck.

Wound breakdown after surgery

Thank you for your question. It is nice to have  pictures too. My suggestion would be   following up with your plastic surgeon to make them him aware of the breakdown.  It seems to me a very superficial wound breakdown but you have implants and your astic surgeon would like to know now for following up purposes. Best wishes

Ercan Karacaoglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Should I see a nurse or my surgeon about slight wound breakdown?

Hi there, thank you for your question. It is always best to visit your surgeon to assess your incisions if you have a concern. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Wound after breast augmentation mastopexy

It looks like you have a small wound following an augmentation mastopexy.  This is not uncommon and is most likely something that will heal with dressings.  Sometimes it does require a small procedure that can be performed in your surgeons office however - usually just inserting a suture or two under local anaesthetic.
I recommend that you see your surgeon to check that everything is ok and to see if they think inserting a stitch will get things healed sooner.
Kind regards,Dean

This is common

cmott:  It is not uncommon at all to have a very slight amount of wound breakdown as you have after an operation as significant as mastopexy.  Everything appears OK in your photos but we always recommend following up with your surgeon should there be any concerns during the healing process.Best of luck to you!G. Robert Meger MD

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wound Healing Issues after Breast Lift and Augmentation #breastlift #breastimplants

• Overall, you appear to be healing up very well!
  • It is not uncommon to have a bit of delayed healing where the incision around the areola meets the vertical incision from your breast lift.
  • When this occurs, I evaluate my patients in our office to make sure there isn't a retained suture that is causing an issue.  I then apply Bacitracin ointment and a Band-Aid.
  • I have my patients apply Bacitracin ointment and a Band-Aid daily at home, and usually within a week or so, this are goes on to heal. 
  • Definitely make an appointment to be evaluated, and thanks for sharing!