What Is this double flap on my right breast? (Photos)

It's like my boob flaps over itself? Why? It looks very strange!

A skin flap on your breast.

It seems that you are surgeon lowered the natural breast fold. This is common and necessary and certain circumstances. The skin at the lower press fold may be tight in this area and often will stretch over time. You should see your plastic surgeon to get their idea of what is causing this. They will probably be able to give you assurance that it will improve over time.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast fold

It is probably the area where your old breast fold was. Seeing you in person without you squashing your breasts would be best.  Good luck.

It's your old fold

It appears from your photograph that some attempt was made to lower the fold to accommodate a larger implant. What you're seeing is the remnants of the old fold. With time, the gravity pressure of the round bottom of the implant may push this away such that only one fold at the bottom of the implant is apparent. I would give it several months before I would decide to go back and do a small revision. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

What Is The Double Flap On My Right Breast?

The indented line on your right lower breast is your old inframammary fold.  Many surgeons go past the old inframammary fold in order to elevate the position of the nipple on the breast mound.  Depending on how long ago you had the surgery and several other factors, gravity and the weight of your breast implant may attenuate this fold, i.e. stretch it out until it becomes pretty much invisible.  

In breast augmentation surgery, there are three main areas that both you and the surgeon are interested in.  For most patients, the first and most important area is the upper pole of the breast because that is what you show when wearing a bikini, a partially open shirt, or an evening gown, and if this is symmetrical, that is a good thing.  The second area of interest are the nipples.  This is a little more difficult to make them symmetrical if they start out one higher than the other.  However, there are some tricks such as lowering the inframammary fold which can make the nipple symmetry closer.  Obviously, it's easier to win a wet T-shirt contest if your nipples are at the same level.  Finally and in my opinion, the least important of the three, is how the bottom of the breasts look.  Obviously in a perfect world, one wants the upper, the lower and the nipples all symmetrical, but if you have to give up something in order to get the other two good, the bottom symmetry is the least important.  A tight inframammary fold such as you have can at times create a double bubble which often goes away with time, and if it is as low as yours is, I probably wouldn't concern myself too much about it for the first couple of years since it probably will go away anyhow.