Which bra is best?

I had my BA 12/14/15 not knowing I was 3 weeks pregnant. (tested negative at home and at the Dr) I am now 10 weeks PP and I cannot find a bra that fits me correctly. It seems I have so much side boob that doesnt get covered. I am not sure what exact size I am since i still have 15lb to lose. I got 325CC and was 34b

Option of Finding a Post-Op Bra

If a post-operative sports bra is not provided, we recommend purchasing a couple of basic sports bras to use during recovery.

If you have trouble finding one that fits properly it would be good to have another follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon to see which would be best to use for proper support and comfort during the healing process.

What bra?

Congratulations on your baby! I'd recommend finding an expert bra fitter to determine your current bra size. Some department stores provide this service as well as smaller lingerie boutiques. 

Compression garments after #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your pregnancy.  We use the Rainey brand surgical compression garments and find the staff at that company very helpful with custom fit measurements. You may consider holding off until you reach your goal weight. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Which bra is best?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your pregnancy.  If your surgeon is unable to recommend any particular brands you may want to consider Karlee Smith, Marena, or Veronique.  Additionally you may want to see if various sports bras may make for a more comfortable fit.  Best wishes.  

Best bra

You are best to get down to your goal weight, then go to a store where they have bra fitters to appropriately size you.

Which bra is best?

Generally speaking, there is no “standard” when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. 

In my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin. 

Generally, the longer I have been in practice, the more I appreciate the long term use of supportive bras after all types of breast surgery.  This additional support may be especially helpful when patients are lying down and/or engaged in strenuous exercise. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.