I had a simple mastectomy 2 1/2 years ago and a breast reduction and lift on the remaining breast.

Within the last 2 months I have pain on the sides of both breasts. I saw my oncologist last week and nothing seemed unusual to her. Should I see the plastic surgeon?

Pain in Breast After Simple Mastectomy and Reconstruction

It is quite normal to have pain after your reconstruction but in light of the fact that this is now occurring 2 1/2 yrs after your procedure may be of some concern.  I would suggest that you visit with your reconstructive surgeon to discuss your concerns. The most likely cause would be some scarring around the implant which could be contributing to your discomfort.  Good Luck  

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Breast reconstruction and pain

Yes, it is a good idea to see your plastic surgeon if you are having new onset pain after reconstruction.