What does a typical full tummy tuck with lipo cost in Utah or Colorado? I was told $15,000.00

I am overweight but I was told my tummy tuck with lipo would cost at a minimum $15,000 in Colorado. I feel with the prices I have been researching this is quite a bit more then people with similar surgeries. I am overweight , but I was told my abs underneath were strong.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

What does a typical full tummy tuck with lipo cost?

Thanks for the question. Pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   

You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.