What type of breast lift would be best for these?? (photos)

This was taken at my smallest weight at 110lbs. It was after I had lost 60lbs. I'd like to know what kind of lift would be best for me so I know what to expect in terms of scarring. Obviously I'd like there to be minimal scarring but I'm not sure if I qualify for a donut lift. There's a lot of fullness when I pull my skin tight so I don't really want implants. Thanks in advance :-)

What type of breast lift would be best for these??

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Lollipop lift

will help you with projection and upper pole fullness... do not even think about the doughnut lift as it flattens projection and has extreme risks for a poor stretched out scar in addition to feeling a firm ring around the areola.

Curtis Wong, MD

Donut Lift Not For You

Hello,The donut lift works best on breasts that many surgeons would not do any lift on but instead just place implants: small, deflated, with minimal glandular ptosis or nipple malposition. Your breasts are too big and with too much glandular ptosis for a donut. It would leave you looking about the same except with a scar, and any one or more of the litany of complications associated with this lift in the wrong person: thickened scaring, enlarged or off-round areola, pleating around the areola, a flattened breast mound, persistent glandular ptosis, and persistent nipple malposition.Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What type of breast lift?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to answer based on the photo provided. A side view would be helpful. In general, if the nipple is below the inframammary crease on side view, a donut lift will not be sufficient to adequately reshape the breast. If you end up with a beautiful shape, it is well worth the scars. Best of luck.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift types #plasticsurgery

An in-person consultation is important when making these decisions - as I've gained experience over the past 10 years in practice, I advocate for vertical mastopexy is vitually all patients that need a breast lift. Other breast lifts scar quality and shaping has been unsatisfactory.

Breast Lift Options

Thank you for the photo and questions. A detailed exam is necessary to give you a definitive answer about the type of lift and the associated scars. The most common scars are a circum-areolar (donut), a circum-vertical (lollipop) and the anchor (donut with inverted T below). Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options and come up with the plan to give you the breasts you desire!

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

What type of breast lift would be best for these

I feel lifts where there is only an incision around the areola are for very small areola malpositioning cases and tend to lessen the projection of the breast if too much of the donut is excised. I think you would have better shape and projection with a lollipop type incision.

Julio Garcia, MD

Type of breast lift after weight loss.

Your breasts have a nice shape and good nipple position despite your weight loss.  Keep in mind that one option is to avoid any surgery, but if you do want change then consider a full mastopexy +/- placement of small implants to enhance projection and shaping.  A lift alone may sag and flatten over many months and the presence of a small implant may retain your improved shape.  Something to discuss with your doctor at a consultation IMO.
Good luck and regards,
Jon A Perlman MD FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 Beverly Hills, Ca  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

The best results from a breast lift come when the surgeon chooses the pattern based on the amount of skin to be removed. You have a lot of excess skin and would do best with the anchor scar and a full lift. The periareolar pattern would be totally inadequate for you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What breast lift recommended

Based on the photo you provided and a 60 pound weight loss you have laxity that a full lift with or without an implant will give you the best result. I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to plan your surgical procedure.
I wish you well
Dr. Edwards