What treatment would you recommend for my face to appear more youthful and lively? (photos)

Would you reccommend fillers, botox, combination of multiple treatments? I am 38 years old and feel like I look sad all the time when I'm not.

For overall facial rejuvenation, a combination of treatments will most likely give you the best results.

For overall facial rejuvenation, a combination of treatments will most likely give you the best results. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation, during which you can discuss your goals and formulate a custom treatment plan that addresses your specific concerns.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments in your 30's to rejuvenate

You would definitely benefit from both fillers, Botox and skin rejuvenation such as Fraxel.  I would consult a cosmetic dermatologist to look into these options who is very experienced with patients your age.  Best, Dr. Green

I would recommend a combo treatment with Fraxel Dual, fillers, Botox and upper eyelid blepharoplasty.

The Fraxel Dual laser is great for younger patients.  I like to do a one-and-done Fraxel Dual.  Botox would help your frown lines.  It appears that you have inherited heavy upper eyelids, so an upper eyelid blepharoplasty would make you look less tired.  Conservative use of fillers would enhance the facial contours.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question and the pictures.

You have beautiful features and you should consider seeing a plastic surgeon for upper eyelid blepharoplasty. It will significantly enhance your facial features and make you look less tired and younger than your chronological age. 

Dr Karamanoukian

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

you will want a combination of lasers, skin care, botox and skin tightening.  Please see an expert for a formal evaluation to determine the best options for you in the short and long term.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

At your consultation, an experienced injector should be able to provide you with options which would be best suited for your specific needs. Botox maybe a good place to start, if you are a good candidate.

Be sure to book your consultation with an experienced injector.

Take care.

Stunning facial features

Your have beautiful eyes, and a pretty smile.  The perception that you look sad may come from the lines that are deepening between the eyebrows.  In addition, while the height of  your eyebrows are very good, the lateral part of your eyebrows appear "level" with the inner eyebrow.  You may appear more refreshed and youthful with a slightly elevated arch of the lateral part of your eyebrows.  A well-administered botox treatment would take care of both of these issues.  You have great eyes, but the framing of your eyes (particularly the upper eyelid skin), may be diminishing what should be a dramatic feature on your face.  I know of no "non-surgical" treatment that could compare with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  Of course, you didn't mention surgery as an option, but the benefits for you from that one procedure would be very high-yield.  As far as surgical cosmetic procedures go, that one is relatively straight-forward.  I have personally performed several hundreds of them, under local anesthesia, and very comfortably for my patients.  Thanks for sharing your pictures.  If you were to choose any of these options, they would simply serve to enhance and refresh your obviously natural beauty.  Best regards.

What treatment would you recommend for my face to appear more youthful and lively

I might suggest Sculptra for the cheek area and a combination of Botox and a filler like Restylane for the area between your eyebrows, the glabella.

Julio Garcia, MD

Deciding on the best treatment

When considering facial rejuvenation and aesthetic enhancements, it is important to understand that the various treatment modalities target different aging processes, and the treatments complement one another.  Botox, fillers, and lasers may be great alone; but when combined better results are often times possible with more subtle and natural outcomes.  I always recommend taking a comprehensive approach which may include both surgical and non surgical options.  Best Regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

What could I do to provide some enhancement?

Hi Maggie, overall you are aging very gracefully. A few subtle things I notice that could provide you a more refreshed look. Botox to the glabella (the region of the forehead between the eyes) could soften the wrinkles. An upper eyelid blepharoplasty could remove the small amount of excess skin that you have and make your eyes look more refreshed. Some filler in the cheeks could provide you with a subtle lift. These are all very subtle recommendations that could make you feel more refreshed. Follow up with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon