Do I look proportionate to my body? (Photo)

I am 1 month post-op BA. 425 HP. I am having a hard time adjusting to my size. I measure a 32DD, but am not sure my breasts are proportionate to my body? Is this a normal adjustment? I keep feeling I should have gone bigger (maybe because my hips are bigger and I'm a tall girl at 5'9). Are they still just high and tight and that's why I feel this way? I never wanted to look huge and the thought of even being a D before surgery sounded massive, now I'm feeling small at a DD?

Propotionate?

Thank you for your questions and photos.  At one month post-op, you are still in the healing process and have to wait a few months before your breasts drop into place.  Once they do, you will differently about the size as your breasts should be in different places.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Proportionate to body

Thank you for you question and comments.  This feeling you are having is completely normal and a lot of women feel the same way as they are getting use to the look of their new body.  Whether they feel the implants are too big or too small.  At just one month post op your implants have not settled completely, and you need to allow your body to heal compltely.  Give it some more time and allow the implants to settle, they are still very tight and sitting high.  Once they settle completely you may feel more comfortable with your new breasts and look of your new body.  I would wait a minimum of 3 months before considering any additional surgery or increasing the size of your breast.

If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at ABetterBreast.com. 

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Your Breasts look good. I agree with previous comments.
What I may add is for you to pay attention to your right breast. You may need to massage it from the inner upper part to lower outer part because it looks slightly off center(but this may just be due to the way the picture was taken).

Oladiran Afolabi-Brown, MD
Macon Plastic Surgeon

Do I look proportionate to my body?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and I am sorry that you are currently struggling with your breast augmentation results. I think you have a very nice result, but are still early in your recovery period. Many women have mixed feelings about their breast appearance in the first couple of months after surgery, so you are not alone!  Your breasts will still undergo significant changes in the next month as your implants drop, and the overlying tissues stretch.  This will allow for a more natural appearing breast shape.  Hang in there, and allow a few more months to pass before you decide on your breast augmentation results.  As always, stay in touch with your surgeon during your recovery as they can provide you reassurance.

Still riding high, as expected.

At one month, they are still quite high and tight.  I tell my patients that, at 6 weeks, they will look like they are wearing a push-up bra all the time.  Most of the settling occurs between 2 - 4 months, and essentially done by 6 months.  You also have high profile implants.  This gives them a higher and rounder look.  They will settle more if they are above the muscle, and take longer if they are below the muscle.  They will also settle more if they are smooth as opposed to textured implants.  Your surgeon can let you know what you have if he/she hasn't informed you. It is too early to tell about size and proportions.  Let them settle, and then see how you like them.

Richard R. Orr, MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Photo

Your breasts look beautiful and very proportionate to your body. At 1 month post-op, they are tight and slightly high, as expected. They will soften up and look and feel more natural with time. The timing depends on what type of implants you have. Typically all saline implants fall significantly over time. Massage of the implants twice a day is recommended for all smooth round implants, silicone or saline. This may enhance the softening. 

It also takes time for your self image to adjust to your new body. Don't worry about bra sizes. Bra sizes are remarkably inconsistent. You may be a different size in different manufacturers' bras. Victoria's Secret bras tend to have smaller cups than other manufacturers so don't be surprised if you require a larger cup size in a Victoria's secret bra.

It does take time to adjust…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally speaking, patients will report that their breasts will "soften up" over the course of the first several months after breast augmentation surgery.   Often, patients report  that it takes several months before they feel that their breast implants are "part of them".

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. Factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised ( in regards to breast size) once the "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
I would suggest ongoing patience and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Do I look proportionate to my body

Thank ypu for submitting your question and photos. Congratulations on breast augmentation surgery.  You look good and proportionate.  Over the next few weeks and months your breast will change shape and your implants will drop and settle. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes