Is my nose too big? (Photo)

I dont like the tip of my nose and my straight bridge, because it looks too prominent for my face, I would like it to be more ski slope and less pointy.

Is my nose too big?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about refining and improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nose too big?

This question is tough to answer, because it really depends on you. Also, before trying to answer this question, we would probably need to be able to review photos of your nose from multiple views. You would definitely want an in person evaluation prior to proceeding with any definite plan. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is my nose too big?

From the one limited photograph, the chin is very recessive and weak, therefore making the nose look overly projecting and too big. Consider a chin implant procedure to augment the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose. A  closed rhinoplasty can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose,  giving more of a slope and being less pointy with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For  more information  and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Nasal size and facial harmony #plasticsurgery

Based on the single profile view you posted, there is a suggestion that your chin position relative to other facial landmarks may be retrusive - you might benefit from a chin implant, rather than a rhinoplasty. I think your nose has a nice shape. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

The short answer is no. Your nose is not too big, its all about facial harmony and your nose seems quite proportional to the rest of your face although I would recommend submitting frontal photographs. I also recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on your photograph and cosmetic goals, I believe you may benefit from a rhinoplasty and tip refinement. The bridge of your nose can be flattened/curved by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth it out and create that slope you desire. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon