Is this a normal appearance of the nipple four weeks after implant removal and mastopexy? It seems raised at the bottom (Photo)

As above. I am nearly 4 weeks out. You can see the attachment of my nipple to the skin all the way round except the bottom. It seems really puffy here and I can't see where it has been sewn back to the skin. I take it it was stitched underneath somewhere where I can't see. Will it stay this puffy underneath?

Is this a normal appearance of the nipple four weeks after implant removal and mastopexy? It seems raised at the bottom

Good Morning Ghek, Thank you for your question. Typically when the surgeon closes the incisions this is done in layers, including under the skin.  There is no bleeding or drainage evident in your photo so the incision is closed and all looks well.  The swelling will take time and you are about 50% healed at 6 weeks with your final result at 6 month to 1 year so there is lots of time to heal.  Be sure to follow the instructions of your surgeon and check in with them so they can continue to track your progress.  Best of Luck, Dr. K.

Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Is this a normal appearance of the nipple four weeks after implant removal and mastopexy?

Thank you for your question and photo.  At four weeks one would expect to still see swelling and distortion.  It can take several months to resolve.  I would recommend you touch base with your surgeon to discuss this.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipple after implant removal

HI Ghek,  It is a little early to judge a final result now, so do not panic! Sometimes the nipple areola complex can be raised like this, but it typically does go down over time .I would make an appt with your surgeon to show him/her what is concerning you. Best.Dr. Christine Rodgers

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon