How long do I need to wear the compression garment, After abdominal plasty ?

Thank you for the question. I usually have my patients wear garment for 4-6 weeks. Some patients continue to wear it for longer because they want to. It does vary with each individual and it is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Compression Garment After Abdominoplasty

I have my patients use some type of compression garment until swelling has resolved. I recommend that you contact your own surgeon regarding his/ her preferences.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Generally I have patients wear the garment for 3-4 weeks. You will get various answers, because every surgeon has her or his own preference for post-operative care.
I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD  FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The compression garment after TT

Hello,  thank you for your question.   Compression garment after a TT should be used for 4-6 weeks.   After that a second stage garment could be used wich is more comfortable.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Compression

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 4 - 6 weeks following tummy tuck surgery. You should follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding level of physical activity and use of a compression garment. Hope this helps!

Garment after abdominoplasty

We recommend 3-4 weeks or even longer, in particular if patient had a liposuction with abdominoplasty. You should discuss this issue with your surgeon. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon