Will my implants shrink? They feel massive at the moment (Photo)

I originally went in wanting 250cc moderate profile implants which even felt too large when I tried on the sizers, but gave the dr permission to do what he felt would look best. He ended up doing 300cc moderate profile on one side and 375 high profile on the other!!! Such a shocker.. They feel so so big. This is day 1 post op, will they shrink and come closer together and look less fake? I'm very worried

Will my implants shrink? They feel massive at the moment

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Regards,

Breast Augmentation Outcome

Although you may have some swelling, most women feel their breasts get bigger after they 'drop and fluff' over the next few months. If you felt 250 was large, I can't imagine you will feel comfortable with implants 25 cc and 50 cc larger.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will my implants shrink?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  So soon from surgery the swelling in your breast skin, tissue, and underlying muscle are all causing an increased overall size as well as a flattened and elevated implant appearance.  Allow your results to mature over the next several months and as the swelling resolves your implants will redistribute into the lower portion of your breasts creating a more natural appearance.  Hope this helps

Breast augmentation

Since you are only one day post-op, you are likely to get a bit smaller as the swelling subsides. Best of luck.

Breast implants too big?

HI Eliza,

Do not worry too much at this time. You are only one day post-op. the breast size should decrease over time. You could ice your breasts, if this is OK with your plastic surgeon , and this will decrease the swelling a bit. Sleep with your arms on some pillow and this will help as well.
   You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your post-op visit and I'm sure he/she will tell you that the size will go down a bit over time.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Implant sizing

Thank you for your question. The simple answer is, yes. You will experience lots of changes for the better as the next few weeks to months. The tissues around the implant will relax, allowing the implants to settle into a more natural position. The implants almost always seem big in the short term for petite women because it's such an immediate change. But, that feeling will also almost always fade. Hang in there. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Yes your implants will soft and drop and look much more natural and less full over the next 6-8 weeks.  At this early stage her result looks very good.  See her plastic surgeon and discuss when you can start breast implant displacement exercises which will help your breast implants and your breast appearance normalize sooner.

Will my implants shrink?

One day post-op, are you even supposed to have your bra off? You will be swollen from your breast augmentation surgery your just had. Your implants will drop and soften over the next couple of weeks. Continue to see your operating surgeon for your post-op and follow-up appointments, and just relax and give your body time to heal. Best Of Luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Given that you are only one day post-op, it is too soon in the healing process to assess the results of your surgery.  Over the next few months, your breasts will continue to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.  Please be sure that you closely follow the instructions of your surgeon to ensure optimal results.