I am 6 weeks post op. I got 450 cc gel under the muscle. Any suggestions?

I was very flat chested with very little breast tissue, My breasts are still numb above the incision all the way to the top of the areola I'm hoping I'll regain feeling but what is bothering me most is that my breasts are cold to the touch will that subside in time? Thank you

6 weeks post Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It can take up to 6 months or even longer to regain full sensation in the breast, especially with such large implants.  I would give it until 6 months and then talk with your plastic surgeon if you still have concerns.  If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Gel implants with thin coverage

as you have will always reflect what the ambient temperature is so if in AC conditions, they will always be colder than your normal body temperature.  If you lived in my town and went sunbathing right now, your breasts would be hotter than your normal temperature.  You don't have enough tissue to provide a more stable temperature to your breasts.  Sensation will hopefully get better and if anyone criticizes you about the temperature, then you know they are not someone you want to spend much time with.

Curtis Wong, MD

6 weeks post op BA

Thank you for your question.  You are still very early in your healing period and things will continue to change over the next 5 months.  Please contact your plastic surgeon for their post op care recommendations.