I had a tummy tuck and I'm concerned of how my belly button looks. It's swollen and red. Is this normal? (Photo)

Belly button appearance

It is hard to tell from just a photo, but it looks like you may have what is called a hypertrophic scar. This is when the scar gets thickened and red. There are things to do that can make it better. See your plastic surgeon. 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

Thank you for your question. More info needed to comment like surgery timing etc. If this is the new issue I recommend you to see your PS for evaluation.

Belly button red after tummy tuck

The appearance of the belly button seems to be thickened scar. Occasionally scar become hypertrophic like this and require treatment to improve the appearance. Injection of steroid medication, use of silicone sheets or even scar revision procedures can alter to appearance. 

Gary Vela, MD, FACS