Who has had a great tummy tuck and/or mommy makeover result with a Utah doctor?

I would really like to see after photos and hear from some women who have had a tummy tuck with a Utah Dr who could give me an honest opinion on who they would recommend for this proceedure. It's a very tough decision and I'm having a hard time finding good after photos of tummy tucks in Utah. Please help! Thanks!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a Mommy Makeover

Your #procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  The best way to get opinions of other patients is to read reviews or as on a forum to other women. With that being said, you will want to find a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in Tummy Tucks and Breast Surgery.  Research online through their websites, and again reviews.

If you would like some more information and resources to search for doctors you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at ABetterBreast.com.  
I am located in Draper, UT and offer free consultations, if you are interested in meeting and having a consultation please contact my office!

Best of luck to you!

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Mommy makeover is a very apt term for what so many women want after having kids. The stretching of breast and abdominal tissue and the change of contour and function is very real for many women. For my patients, it's often as much about function as aesthetics. Either way, we always strive for a result which is natural looking as well as safe and reliable and cost effective in terms of healing. There is a lot of nuance involved in managing the abdominal wall. Scars take two years to fade. I hope you consider your choices carefully and invite you to visit my practice as a female plastic surgeon in Utah who has been board certified in general surgery and plastic surgery and a member of ASAPs and ASPS, as well as president of our local surgical society, and who has dedicated her career to aesthetic plastic surgery patients for the last 15 years. I use a technique with no drains and a short scar. I allow early activity, which is safe and more comfortable. Let us know if we can help you!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your excellent question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained plastic surgeons in your area. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Great Utah TT and/or MM surgeon

Thank you for your question and for your willingness to do the research to choose the best surgeon for your procedure.  In order to get other patients' opinions of particular surgeons you may wish to create a review or visit the forum sections of realself.com to get greater feedback.  Dr. Brian Reuben is in SLC and Midvale and does excellent work.  Hope this helps.

Find the right surgeon

Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”.

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy tuck and/or mommy makeover result with a Utah doctor?

Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.