Would I be a good candidate for large volume lipo? (Photo)

I am 5'7" and weigh 204 lbs my prepregnancy weight was 170 I was wondering if it would be a good idea or a possibility to get large volume loop and who would be the best doctor to go to.

Would I be a good candidate for large volume lipo?

My advice would be you to get closer to your prepregnancy weight before evaluating yourself for liposuction or tummy tuck.  It does appear that you are a candidate for liposuction but it is not a weight loss procedure and you do not want to be chasing collections of fat all throughout your body (i.e. arms).  Once you are back below 180 pounds seek evaluation with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon for your best advice enabling you to formulate a plan.  Best wishes and good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Thanks for your question. Based in your photos it appears that you may be a good candidate for liposuction down the road. However, liposuction is not a good tool for weight loss so it's important that you continue healthy eating and exercise. Once you've reached a stable weight, then liposuction can be used to contour areas of excess fullness. 

Austin Hayes, MD

Large volume lipo

Thank you for your question and photos.   I would recommend that you get closer to your goal weight before having liposuction.  You will want to get an in-person evaluation of your skin quality to see if you may be a better candidate for a tummy tuck.  

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

From your pictures it appears that you are essentially looking for contouring of the hips and waist and abdomen. This does not really fall into the category of a large volume of liposuction. I would suggest that you seek consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery to get a better and understanding of what would be the best procedure.

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover with Tummy Tuck and VASER Hi Def Liposuction

For best results, it is best to be at your ideal or stable weight. Based on your pictures, you look like you would be a candidate.I recommend a hi definition procedure. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. Depending on skin laxity, you may also be a candidate for a tummy tuck in addition to liposuction which can be performed at the same time. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hi-def physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Dr. Derby sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You seem to be a great candidate for a full TT combined with a lipo for better results. I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS