Any suggestions for capsular contracture?

I have had my implants 425cc high profile silicone for 14 months. I work out often as I am a yoga instructor and I teach about 15 classes a week. Yesterday I performed a really difficult class and woke up with extreme tightness and sharp pain in my left breast. I'm wondering if I should be worried and if it could be capsular contracture. My imllant still feels soft and hasn't changed in shape or size but the discomfort is unbearable. Any advice?

Sudden Breast Pain

The sudden onset of pain sounds more like a musculoskeletal injury however CC cannot be ruled out until you are examined in person by your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Possible capsular contacture

Your sudden sensitivity and pain could be capsular contracture.  If the breast is still tender and soft it may just be that you impinged a nerve in that region. Please contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns, temporarily hold off on heavy exercise and treat with NSAIDS or warm compress with gentle massage.

Pain after 14 months

A capsular contracture would not happen over night, it is usually a gradual onset of tightening and some discomfort. The way you are describing it, sounds like you may have overstretched a pec muscle. That would be why you are having such discomfort. Either way I would make an appointment to be checked out by your doctor to be sure it is nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

Thanks for reaching out.  You should go see your plastic surgeon right away.  Capsular contracture does not usually happen from a specific event however the early signs may be difficult to recognize.  The reason why you should see your surgeon is that by starting singulair a by mouth medication you may be able to treat contracture before it gets worse.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Pain and tightness about a year after breast augmentation

To allay your concern, strenous exercises and activities will not affect the stability of breast implants.  Nevertheless, it remains highly ideal to visit your PS who may perform tests to determine the underlying cause of your pain and tightness. 

I hope that helps and good luck.