Brazillan butt lift & breast augmentation questions. (Photo)

Is it better to get these procedures done together? If not which procedure is the best to get done first. I am looking for a surgeon who can do both.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

BBL and breast augmentation can be done together in the right person

Hello and thank you for your question. Without better pictures, or an in-person examination, it is difficult to give you accurate advice or price estimates.  If you are in good health and a good candidate for either procedure, both procedures can be performed at the same time. Many plastic surgeons with locations in premiere vacation destinations perform virtual consultations to help you get a better idea of whether or not it is in your best interest to travel to them or not.

Remember that surgery prices include 1) surgeon's fees, 2) anesthesiologist's fees, and 3) facility fees. #'2 and 3 on that list depend on time needed in the OR, so the longer your surgery, the more you pay. Using board certified anesthesiologists will cost more than a nurse anesthetist, but it is also safer. The same goes for costs associated with using a hospital or a highly accredited surgery center versus someone's back office for procedures. In essence, you get what you pay for.

With respect to Brazilian Butt lift, the point is that your silhouette would be improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, lower back, etc. Regardless, by slimming the contour of your waist and flanks with liposuction, your buttocks will appear perkier; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest adequate fat to also transfer to your buttocks and further give you an even greater silhouette with a tight waist and perkier/projecting buttocks. Different surgeons may charge different amounts to achieve the work you desire or have different plans depending on how they wish to deliver the results you desire.

Many high end plastic surgery practices offer credit and finance options for their patients. The ones I am familiar with are Alphaeon credit and Care Credit and offer the following:

1) 0% interest plans for 6-12 months
2) budget pay plans (like a gym membership) starting at $199/month: you pay this until it is paid off; you can pay more each month to pay off faster
3) traditional type loan where you have an agreement over 2-3 years

It is important to get such an important surgery performed by a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring and aesthetic breast surgery techniques. You don't want to go to the "cheapest" surgeon, as in many cases, you get what you pay for. But it is important to get a good value for your money. Make sure to check your surgeon's online reviews, see if they have a strong following on instagram/facebook/etc to see if they are credible, and ask their staff about how happy their patients are and if they have any that would be willing to talk to you. I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Brazillan butt lift & breast augmentation

It is a pleasure to answer your question. Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation are commonly combined for optimum efficiency and minimizing the numbers of recoveries and anesthetics required for your desired outcome. Patients that are planning to get more than one procedure at the same time must be very healthy to avoid risks during and after surgery. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Combined BBL and breast augmentation

You can combine a BBL and a breast augmentation if you are in good overall health. The challenging part of the recovery is that you will be limited to being on your side (sleeping) for a few weeks after surgery- this avoids pressure on your breast implants and the fat transferred to your buttock. Most surgeons can perform this combination. Consult with a few that are comfortable with this combination.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Not a good combo in my opinion.

Because it is imperative that you avoid pressure on the buttocks following a Brazilian Butt Lift, you will need to sleep on your stomach for approximately 2 weeks.  

If you undergo a breast augmentation at the same time, you will find sleeping on your stomach to be impossible because of the tenderness and swelling of the breasts.  Furthermore, trying to sleep flat will put an unsafe amount of pressure on the chest, potentially compromising your surgical results from the augmentation.

Ideally, you would undergo the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, because you'd be ready for the second procedure sooner than if you did the breast augmentation.  You'd want to wait probably 2-3 months after the augmentation before you do the Butt Lift.  However, if you do the Butt Lift first, you could be ready for the second surgery as early as 2-3 weeks.

In my practice, I never perform these procedures at the same time.