What's the problem in my nose? How can I make my nose smaller? (photos)

Rhinoplasty

Hi vardig,From the photographs you have provided, it is not possible to determine the size of your nose.  However, the photographs do show that you have a slight prominence of your bridge or bump.  This can easily be reduced with conservative rhinoplasty.  Of course, you need to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine if this course of action is appropriate to you. Best,Warwick Nettle

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Correcting the balance of tip to dorsum

From what I can see with your photos the key features that need addressing are that the dorsum of your nose needs reducing as in your current profile view your tip is out of balance with your dorsum. Once you bring the dorsum down, (ie. with a limited hump reduction) you will find that the position of the tip looks more in balance with the rest of the nose.This is a manoeuvre that would be great for you to see on a simulation with 3D photos.Some other views would be great, but from the profile your tip shape looks ok. It may need a little refinement to give it more definition and there might be some minor adjustment to where the tip sits in space once the dorsum is reduced which would improve your nasolabial angle (the angle that your nose makes with your upper lip).

Sophie Ricketts, MBBS (Hons) FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Nose problems?

The limited pictures make it very difficult to give a full assessment cause it's impossible to truly assess the nose without visualizing the whole face.  The look of the nose must be put in context of the whole face as an overly small or large nose must fit in with the face itself.  That being said, from the limited views it appears you have a slight dorsal hump (likely both bony and cartilagenous) as well as a bulbous nasal tip from strong nasal cartilage and slightly thicker skin.  A proper rhinoplasty with reducing the hump and addressing the tip cartilage properly can go a long way to helping the size.  Please seek out and find a well qualified rhinoplasty surgeon to help you.Best of luck.

Douglas K. Henstrom, MD
Layton Facial Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY NJ

The pictures are a little difficult to make out, but the dorsum (top) of the nose has a slight bump and the tip seems a bit wide or bulbous.  Therefore, a conservative rhinoplasty involving a dorsal hump reduction and a tip plasty would be helpful.  I recommend a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.Best of luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon