How much weight can I expect to drop if I get a liposculpture and tummy tuck ? (Photo)

I'm 5'5 216 lbs My figure doesn't match the weight. Seems like it's all belly weight really. What do you think?

Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

I was watching your photos and definitely affects your stomach, but it is also a consequence of the rolls back.
You're a good candidate for a tummy tuck, associated with liposculpture to achieve a completely flat abdomen, accentuate the waist and remove rolls back.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Vaser 4D HI DEFINITION and Tummy Tuck

You're a good candidate for combination therapy of a tummy tuck to tighten your abdominals and remove excess skin, plus Vaser 4D HI DEFINITION abdominal etching to better define your muscles in that area. Please take the time to find an expert who is trained in Vaser Hi Definition. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy Tuck + Lipo

You are a good candidate for having a Lipo and Tummy Tuck. After your surgery you have to follow a meal plan (diet) helping to achieve the desired results. Having a plastic surgery doesn't mean you won't gain weight in the future. Having a personal consultation with a certified plastic surgeon will help to have an accurate orientation about your surgery. Best of luck.

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

You are a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck with lipo all around waist and flanks. This will give you the best results. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question. A Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back with help improve your silhouette.  For optimal results, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

How much weight can I expect to drop if I get a liposculpture and tummy tuck ?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. you have to be in less than 200 pounds before surgery. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Weight loss with surgery

Liposuction and a tummy tuck will improve your shape but you will not lose weight as it's not a weight loss procedure.

Liposculpture is not a weight loss procedure

Liposculpture isn’t guaranteed to cause weight loss after the procedure. Any weight loss after the surgery comes from patients being highly motivated to watch their eating habits and so, lose weight. Liposculpture removes fat from the human body, to change its shape. Evidence does not support an effect on weight beyond a couple of months and it does not appear to affect obesity related problems. Removed fat cells won’t come back. After puberty, the amount of fat cells is fixed and new fat cells can impossibly be produced. So when one gains weight, this does not mean that there’s an increase of the amount of fat cells but it means that there’s an enlargement of the existing fat cells due to over-feeding or wrong feeding. Of course, the remaining fat cells (90 % of fat cells is removed but the other 10 % must be left on the spot to keep a smooth skin structure) can enlarge due to increase in weight, this will happen however less easy than before the cosmetic surgery. Therefore it’s vital that you maintain a healthy eating habit and way of living after the liposcuplture as well.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a weight loss operation

Liposuction and tummy tuck are not weight loss operation but it will give you an excellent new contour.