Slightly asymmetric chin and chin implant

I am thinking about getting chin implant. I have a barely noticeable asymmetry in my chin, which I don't intend to fix as it is barely noticeable, but you can feel it if you touch the chin. I would like to know, if chin implant will make this asymmetry more noticeable (I surely don't want that) or can it be fixed with it?

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin Asymmetry

A symmetrically placed chin implant will magnify to some degree a pre-existing chin asymmetr...or at least you should expect that to occur. Whether that will be aesthetically significant is the issue to be determined.

Asymmetric chin

I have noticed, in a few asymmetric cases, that the chin seems more symmetric with a chin implant, in place.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
Dermal fillers are a great way to add volume to the chin in a specific "spot" to decrease asymmetry.  A chin implant will add projection to the entire anterior (front) portion of the chin and in my opinion decrease the appearance, not increase, asymmetry as the chin becomes more balanced with the lower face.
Hope this helps.