What is the price of the nipple sparing masectomy?

Hello. I am going to have nipple sparing masectomy in the US and can't find the pricing lists anywhere. I have never had cancer, but have the BRCA gene mutation. I live at the moment in Europe, but it's almost impossible to find a qualified suregon that performes this type of procedures. The price Im asking for is included the surgery, facility fee and anesthesia fee. Thank you

Skin sparing mastectomy price

Surgical fee for nipple sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstruction varies depending on the geographic location. In my practice in Santa Barbara, CA, the cost would range from $15000 to $25000 depending on hours spent in the operating room, products used and postoperative care. 

Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Out of pocket costs for BRCA+ patients

In my practice we see a large amount of out of state or country patients for BRCA+ treatment.  We typically give a price estimation for patients who are paying out of pocket as well as assistance with working with various insurances (even out of country).  I would recommend consulting with surgeons who work with out of country patients frequently and you should be able to get this information.  Your initial consultation can typically be done by phone as well.  Good luck!

Kelly Killeen, MD

It is very difficult to give an exact $ price because there are many variables

1: the surgery involves two surgeons, a beast oncologic surgeon to perform the nipple sparing mastectomies.

Price can range to about $ 10,000

2: the plastic surgeon to do the breast reconstruction. That would vary based on the type of reconstruction. Implant reconstruction, may range in the $ 15,000 to 25,000

Hospital fees. Hospitals would charge for operating room on an hourly basis, same with anesthesia based on number of hours of the surgery. Can range in the 15,000 to 25,000.

3: Supplies needed would be provided by hospital, implants, acellular matrix, supplies etc.

4: A day or two stay in the hospital about $ 1000-2000 a day. Plus medications and supplies.

5: If flap reconstruction is desired, then the time for surgery goes up and the price for the plastic surgeon and the hospital goes up.

May be able to negotiate the hospital prices to Medicare prices.

All prices would change if any complication occur and are additional cost to you.

Hope that will be of help