I have nose lifting with collagen thread & now I want a nose job. Will my nose lifting damage my nose job or not?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have often stressed the importance to my patients in always seeking multiple opinions from board certified rhinoplasty surgeons when it comes to your nose, because there is no amount of time or money saved that can make a questionable procedure worthwhile when it applies to your face. Obtaining multiple opinions is important because there are many different schools of thought when it comes to rhinoplasty approaches and maneuvers. Despite this, most surgeons would have told you that it is impossible to obtain longterm nasal tip rotation with a thread lift. In fact, thread lifts are poor even at maintaining long term suspension when applied to the neck and jowls. The nose is particularly complex, and its structure is critically dependent upon the support of cartilages and bones, as well as minor ligaments. This means that the intelligent approach to rhinoplasty will seek to manipulate or restructure this rigid support system, instead of trying to force the overlying soft tissues via threading. I have performed multiple surgeries on patients who had thread lifts in the past and all of them went well. However, you should know that any threading of the soft tissues of the face or nose will generate some scar tissue formation, which can make tissue dissection slightly more challenging to the surgeon. In addition, the threads themselves are foreign bodies and can predispose to infection, whether they are naturally-derived and dissolvable or not. Nonetheless, you should still likely be eligible for a rhinoplasty. I would recommend that you visit at least two board certified plastic surgeons with facial aesthetic surgical expertise in order to ensure that your next step is the final one in taking you to where you want to be regarding the appearance of your nose. Best of luck!

Clermont Facial Plastic Surgeon