I'm 2 weeks post Juvederm injections, my lips are sore, I have a little bump and uneven lip line. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had the injection done by a board certificate physician who just so happened to be one of the best physicians in the city. I paid the office extra to assure perfection. My lips are hurt when I push one against the other and I feel like I have an uneven lip line. I also have a little bump on the left side of my lower lip that is clearly seen when my mouth is open. Can I have an opinion about this? This is my first time and I am unsure as to wether is this normal or not.

Still healing

The fact that your lips hurt actually means that they're still healing. Which is good because it means that your issues may resolve themselves when the swelling totally goes down. If not, however, see your surgeon about having the filler removed. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Juvederm injections and swelling of Lips

Juvederm is very hydrophilic and can swell and cause some discomfort, especially in the lips.  It looks like it may take a little more time to see the full effect.  If the lump remains you will need to have it dissolved with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm follow up

If your lips still hurt, there is still some inflammation, which may ultimately be a good thing, since if there is still inflammation, the swelling can still go down.  The lump on the left looks like a little bit of the filler made its way there, which is not uncommon.  If it persists and bothers you, it can be dissolved with an injection of hyaluronidase.  

Karen S. Harkaway, MD
Moorestown Dermatologic Surgeon

Re-check appointment

The person to help you evaluate what you are experiencing would be the physician who treated you.  It is great that you did your research to find the best physician in your city.  Swelling generally diminishes in about two weeks time however everyone is different and it is not uncommon for swelling to last a little longer in some people.  If you are feeling your lips are uneven, allowing your treating physician to evaluate the area and determine necessary steps to get you to your happy end result is essential.  Call your office for a re-check and put your mind at ease. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

The lips still look fairly swollen which will cause the discomfort.  Some palpability is normal at two weeks and should subside.  Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of perfection when dealing with human tissue.  Were you really asked to pay an upcharge for a better injection???

I'm 2 weeks post Juvederm injections, my lips are sore, I have a little bump and uneven lip line. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It is not uncommon to still have some mild soreness after filler injections into the lips, but they should be gradually improving.  As far as your results, I would recommend waiting for at least a month.  This will allow enough time for the juvederm to soften and any swelling to resolve.  This should also allow time for the little bump to dissolve on the left side of your lower lip.  Hope this helps.