When should I have implants removed? 300cc mentor tex mod pro under muscle w/ lift 8 wks ago. 5'6" 135 after losing 100 (Photos)

I do not like them. They are heavy, I feel them all the time & are MUCH bigger than I wanted. I was told I'd be a B w/only a lift so added implants & was told I'd be a C. I'm a DD! I'd rather be a B. I had this done to fix the droop. Cup size gets a bad rap-I have tried all brands of bras and am no where near a C in ANY. I'd prefer to avoid another lift & drains but don't want droopy. Do you think I'd have much droop if I removed them now? I worry if I wait too long they will cause more droop.

Explantation

You easily could have had the operation that you wanted which is just a lift without implants and achieved your shape and size.  Have them out now if you want them out.

Removal

Based on your information, you will be better served with implant removal and possible lifting in the future.  I would recommend you wait several weeks to months before having the lift.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implants - unhappy with result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and lift.
  • I am so sorry you are unhappy.
  • A 300 cc implant is a small average implant but it can be too big for a small woman.
  • You will not have the upper fullness of your breasts that you have now if you have the implants removed -
  • But a tightening of the lift might be all you need to avoid droopiness after implant removal.
  • Or you could discuss something like a 200 cc implant instead.
  • Talk things over with your surgeon so you are confident that you make the best decision.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

When should I have implants removed? 300cc mentor tex mod pro under muscle w/ lift 8 wks ago. 5'6" 135 after losing 100

Thank you for your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear your results have not been what you anticipated.  Based on your narrative I think you would derive the best improvement from implant removal and further breast lifting.  This can be done once your tissues have softened and relaxed.  Best wishes. 

Removal

I would suggest discussing all your concerns with your doctor. The implants could be removed, or exchanged for smaller implants. If you are a DD, you might prefer the removal.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You can have them removed anytime

The removal of the implants is the easy part but the concern is the shape of your breast after removal. The lift was performed around implant and removal may cause some degree of sagging. I offer my patients implant removal and fat grafting . 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

Your result looks very good, but you have to be happy with the size.  I usually recommend giving it at least 4 mo to see the final result, the implants will loosen etc.  It is unlikely the size will change much from this point on. You should not see much droop after implant removal.  I agree, cup size is variable.  I never talk in terms of cup size, I tell all my patients that all bras fit differently and try to look at photos to get an idea of what they want.   My idea of a c cup does not always match the patients idea of a c cup.  Good luck. Jane.

When should I have implants removed?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You should be able to undergo breast implant removal surgery at any point. Whether or not additional breast lifting would be necessary will depend mainly on your physical examination and goals, as communicated in front a of a full-length mirror and  with the help of goal photographs.  Based on your photographs and stated goals, I would advise you not to hesitate to undergo additional tightening of the breast skin envelope (breast lifting),  in order to avoid postoperative disappointment. Best wishes.