Implant removed from donut lift incision?

I have 400 mL HP silicone implants that need to be removed. They were placed by donut lift incision. My surgeon says he does not think he can remove implants through this same incision as they are too big. Do you agree? And would you have to cut all the way around areola again?

Periareolar incision

Any implant can be removed through the periareolar incision unless the areola is uncharacteristically small.

Implant removal through donut incision

Unless your areola are unusually small the implants should be able to be removed  I place all of my implants through an incision around the areola as well as removing them when necessary.  If your surgeon is not comfortable with this you should seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The incision I use most frequently for breast implant removal is the infra mammary fold incision.  Usually, the previous infra areolar incision suffices as well. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.