Will chin implant be enough for me? (photos)

Greetings. I dont have a jaw problem my teeth are allined however i have a very weak and receded chin. Im considering chin implant but based on photos i saw the results of the operation aren't dramatic. My question is will a very large chin implant be enough to correct my chin retrusion? Or do i need to consider something else. Thanks in advance

Will chin implant be enough for me?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.