Cast off and just want to sit and cry (Photo)

Open rhinoplasty to correct severe hump and drooping tip. Because of the severity of procedure cast was on for nearly 4 weeks. It came off today and I just wanted to cry. It isn't what I expected at all. To me the nose at the moment protrudes too much, looks short and fat. Will the tip drop any and how much more different will it look with time, is there any hope for improvement, and if so how much improvement can I expect?

Cast off 4 weeks

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery stage.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon