Follow Up Question - Implants Bottomed out, what are my options to fix this?

implants are bottom out after 6 months of surger I cannot afford money for another surgical procedure and don't want to go under the knife again.pls help me if I can improve without surgical procedure?I'm wearing support bra 24/7 after my surgery till today. Second thing is if there is no option other than surgery for breast bottoming out than can I leave them as they are? What if I don't go to the PS again and under the knife? Are there any risk involved in bottom out other than they look odd?

To see the previous question, please click here.

Repairing bottomed out implants

Before giving you advice I would want to examine you in person to see the extent of your bottoming out. The only way to repair bottoming out implants is through surgery. I know it can be frustrating/financially difficult to have to go through multiple surgeries, but that is truly the only way to repair the condition. Good luck!

Bottoming out

There is no risk to this problem - you can certainly live with it and it will not be noticed in a bra or bikini  - surgery would be a minor adjustment of the lower pole of the breast and should not be expensive

Bottomed Out?

An exam would be required to determine the extent of your problem and plan for correction but yes, typically implants which have bottomed out would have to be corrected with a revision surgery. I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon in person and plan next steps.
All the best

Surgery required

This will require some type of surgery to improve the contours of the breast and the implant position.

Bottoming out

Thank you for your question. If your implant has migrated lower than the originally intended position you may need a surgical procedure for correction. Different bras and support garments may slow the progression of bottoming out. I would strongly suggest an evaluation with a surgeon. Theo Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician