Can Botox lift hooded/drooping eyelids and eyebrows? (photos)

I have hooded eyes and slightly hooded eyebrows that I would like to correct. Is it possible to do that with Botox injection? It's a big insecurity that I have because it makes me look sad and tired all the time. I am only 21 years old, so I would prefer something less invasive than eyelid surgery.

Hooded Upper Lids

Botox can be injected to provide a minimal lift to the brow which could possibly lift the the upper lid a small amount. In your case, it appears you have significant upper lid hooding and would greatly benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty. This can be done as an outpatient procedure with minimal down time.

Northbrook Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hooded Upper Lids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Northbrook Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for hooded eyelids?

Botox can be used to provide a small amount of lift to the lateral portion of the brow; this may have a minimal effect on lifting of the upper eyelids themselves.  However, in patients with significant hooding, surgical (Blepharoplasty) or nonsurgical interventions (tightening devices +/- filler) will likely be necessary.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for hooded eyelids?

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox lift

Thanks for your question. Absolutely, Botox can be used to achieve a bit of lifting of your brows that should improve the hooding. The effect can be subtle. For an example, check out my before and afters of Botox. The effect should last about 3 months. You'll need to make sure you go to someone who is experienced in Botox. Ultimately you may want to consider an eyelid lift to help get rid of some of the extra skin, but Botox would be a good place to start. Good luck!

Botox lift

Botox and Hooded eyelids

Botox can definitely help with some hooding and giving you a slight brow lift.  This is an experienced Botox injection and please consult an expert with this procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and Hooded eyelids

Botox and Drooping Lids

Botox can be placed so that it does give you some brow lift. The question then becomes will it be enough to make you happy. The good thing is that there is no down time and you should see the effects within 5-7 days and it is less expensive than eyelid surgery. I do think that you will need upper lid (blepharoplasty) surgery at some point to give you a more permanent fix.

Botox and Drooping Lids

Botox to brow

Thank you for your question and the photos.
Botox can help to lift the brow thus help reduce the heaviness of your upper eyelids. To what extent it helps is difficult to say, but it is worth trying if you do not want to have anything invasive at the moment.
Good luck

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Botox to brow

Good luck

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hooded eyelids

Botox expertly placed below the eyebrow will give you an eyebrow lift and improve the hooded eyelid.

However, you should consider seeing a plastic surgeon for upper eyelid belpharoplasty to get rid of that excess skin. It will significantly enhance your features. 

Hooded eyelids

Eyelid improvement with botox

Botox can improve the eyebrow position, thus reducing some of the hooding.  With your degree of brow ptosis and hooding, it is unlikely that you will get enough elevation/improvement to satisfy your desires.  It may be worth having a treatment to see your degree of improvement with Botox

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid improvement with botox

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for hooded/drooping eyelids

Botox can be used to try and lift a hooded or drooping upper eyelid.  In the process of doing so, it would also cause the eyebrow to raise to some extent.  The change would only be in a matter of millimeters, but it can help in some people.  It would be a fairly simple treatment to try and it would wear off after several months.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for hooded/drooping eyelids

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery May Be Better for You

Although BOTOX can be used to make minor improvements around the eyes, it takes an extremely experienced injector to ensure that no unwanted effects, such as drooping, occur. In your case, however, I see some significant hooding. In order to get the best results, I think that surgery may be your best bet. I understand your reticence, but keep in mind that eyelid surgery is an outpatient procedure. The incisions are typically made within the natural creases of the eyelid, so any scarring is extremely discreet. In any case, please see a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure the best results. Good luck with your decision.

Surgery May Be Better for You