After mini lift revision my face looks worse. What can be done? It's been 3 months (Photos)

I had a mini lift revision with fat transfer 3months ago I look and feel worse. My P.S says it's too early to see final result my face looks as if fat is being dragged down my scars are awful. Please i need a qualified professional opinion! Liposuction to lower face?? What can be done?

Facelift results

I am so sorry that you are unhappy, but for now, you need to wait and let your body fully recover which can take anywhere from 6 months to a year. I know it's frustrating, but doing anything else at this point is just not smart.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Mini lift revision 3 months

Thank you for your photographs and questions.  My strong recommendation is to wait a good 4 to 6 months before considering your final result.  That being said, dermal fillers are an excellent option should you care to improve nasal labial folds or lift the corners of the mouth.  Reddened scars most often heal just fine with time or can be treated with laser.  I wish you the best of luck.

Mini lift

You appear to still have residual swelling in your anterior cheeks and malar eminences.  Time and some gentle massage on these areas and on the scars with a silicone based scar cream would be recommended for now.  Once all the swelling and malar edema resolves, and you have soft and supple cheek skin, then a consideration for a revision can be given if  necessary.  Best wishes, Dr. T.

Mini-lift makes face look worse! Help!

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • I am sorry things are of such concern.
  • I scar redness and widening in one area, but no separation.
  • Scars will take months more to fade and improve.
  • You should have nothing done for at least another six months -
  • You are still swollen from surgery.
  • Liposuction suction of the face is usually a poor idea - I do not recommend it.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mini facelift

Hello and thank you for your question.  I am sorry to here about your experience.  Typically by 3 months, you should be doing very well.  If you have returned multiple times to your surgeon and are not happy, then I recommend seeking a consultation for a second opinion.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facelift #faceliftrecovery #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing

Dear sasha401aThank you for your questions and photos!  I am sorry that you are disappointed in your results.  An in person consult is best - to review your concerns of your goals and the surgical results.  You are still healing at this point- this can take up to one year. Review your results with your surgeon.  Botox and fillers can help in the interim.With Warm RegardsTrevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

How to improve a mini facelift x 2

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
Unfortunately, you are suffering from the consequences of mini facelift techniques. It puts all the tension on the skin, making the scars thick, and the deeper tissues sag once the swelling is done. The solution is to do a full facelift to address your problemsMake sure that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeion. Wishing you the best in your journey

Wait

it's difficult to see what you're talking about without pre and post op photos. You actually may have improvement but not realize it without comparing photos. Give your scars a chance to heal. They look widened but not hypertrophic. The scars should improve with time. It's best to see your original doctor for evaluation.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Recovery

I always recommend to go back to your surgeon and let him explain and check you. In fact I see a poor healed incisions and not so well hidden from the back. A surgeon must be first a coach, then your surgeon if you desire and finally your supporter and helper in case you need him.

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars and Fat Transplantation

It is important to bring your concerns to your surgeon, who knows exactly what was done and your healing progress over this three-month period.  We surgeons are always here for our patients.  I can certainly say that I personally enjoy the whole process of surgery, which includes answering any and all questions that arise postoperatively. If you feel your surgeon will not see you or is not available, then I would seek other opinions.