Too young for facelift?

Hi doctors. I has my zygomatic none and jaw reduced to make the face smaller. Unfortunately, my soft tissue no longer have the sculpted support it use to have. The upper portion of my face look narrow and no longer have the support of my cheekbones and the lower part looks heavy making me face

Thank you for your question- there is no absolute age limit for a facelift.  Without photos it is very hard to determine what should be done as no patient is the same.  You may need skin tightening, or volume addition to get a more even appearance.  I recommend speaking with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for options.  All the best,

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Facelift candidate

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to give you options without more information such as photos, age and details of the procedures that you have had.  However, here are some general points to consider:

A surgical face lift provides the best contouring for someone with moderate or severe laxity. This procedure could include tightening your underlying musculature to give you a better contour and also removing the excess skin laxity. Together this allows for a much better face and neck contour. In some instances, some liposuction is also beneficial to reduce the submental fullness.

There are effective non-surgical options for you. I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the face. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who has the portfolio of non-surgical options in your area who can help explain the treatment options for you and the limitations of each option, both surgical and non-surgical.

Too Young for a Facelift

Dear too young for facelift.
Without pictures it is difficult to suggest a distinctive solution. Certainly talk into a board-certified plastic surgeon would give you some options. These may well include a partial or even full facelift combined with either fat injections or fillers. It appears that you need certainly some degree of volume replacement.
Good Luck to you

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Too young for a facelift

It's hard to give you an answer without seeing you, but younger patients can usually do very well with just fillers and Botox.

Facelift age

There is no absolute age for facial rejuvenation surgery.  Indications center much more on tissue quality, facial structure, and genetic predisposition.  Can you post some photos to help guide us for specific recommendations?

Too young for facelift?

Hi, I have performed mnay facelifts over the past 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, male faces look ruggedly handsome when there is angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  This can be accomplished with cheek implants, a chin implant and or dermal fillers.  

If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

If the previous surgeries have decreased the cheek bone volume, cheek implants can be considered with or without a facelift.  I have performed many of these minimally, invasive, short-incision facelifts on patients in the late twenties and early thirties.

Hope this helps.

It is difficult to determine as without an assessment. 

I'd recommend booking an appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and to determine your options.  

Take care.

Depending on your particular situation, you may be candidate for a facelift regardless of your age.  If your prior surgeries have resulted in loss of pleasant facial contours and a lift would correct this, it may be something to consider.  

Too young for facelift?

Hello joiedevivre143,
Thanks for your question.
It would be helpful if you could post some pictures to see your starting anatomy.
It is possible to reshape and lift your face with selective volume replacement.  If this is not enough, a properly performed facelift might be necessary.
Go see a specialist in facial cosmetic surgery to have them help you decide on the best path to take.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Age for facelift

There is not a specific age for a facelift. It is more important to understand what the facelift would do and to make sure it would achieve the results you are looking for. It sounds like you have already had surgery. It would be important to take your original photos to your consultation. Good luck.