I'm two weeks post mini tuck. The area above stitches is constantly hard. When will this area feel normal and soft again?

Normal healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be patient with your recovery, this is all normal following and mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Good luck.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself # minitummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photo. You are very early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your mini tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Hard area above incision

Thank you for your question.  The hard area you are feeling should improve with time, however, it is hard to know if it is fat necrosis or scar tissue.  I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Hard area above stitches

It is possible that this will soften up with time. It is also possible that you have some fat necrosis and may potentially have a wound problem. Talk with your surgeon. Pay attention to the postop wound care.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Early recovery after mini tummy tuck

Without pictures and more information about the details of your mini tummy tuck, I can only offer general advice. If the area looks flat enough, then you can expect a nice result. If it is swollen, there may be a fluid collection. Your own surgeon is in the best position to advise you about what is normal. 

Richard Baxter, MD