Can Kybella or minicool sculpting (Especially Zeltig) help in removing grafted fat into bottom cheeks? (photo)

Two years ago I had fat graft to my face, 30 cc of fat was injected only to my bottom cheeks and near the mouth I tried RF which did nothing but damaged my skin Later I had multiple liposuction but it wasn't so accurate, I still have some fat pockets which are so clear especially with slimmer face Can these areas treated by Kybella or minicool? Thanks

Kybella for cheek fat

Thank you for your question Worried and scared. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Kybella is the first and, thus far, only non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. It is currently approved for use in the submental area. However many doctors are using it off-label in other areas such as bra fat or around the knees. I have not heard of anyone using it on the cheeks. The Zeltiq Cool Mini is also approved for use in the same area and I am not aware of its use on the face. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Kybella not a good option for cheeks

Kybella is only approved for use under the chin and although surgeons do use it in other areas, I don't think that Kybella would be a good option for your cheeks. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Cheeks

Kybella is only FDA approved for the fat under the chin.  Most physicians would not attempt Kybella for off-label purposes.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Kybella may help with the fat, but not sure about fibrosis.  It may improve with the fat gone.

Many physicians would not do Kybella in the cheeks due to the risk of irritating facial nerves that affect smiling.