Do I have a receding hairline?! (photos)

Do I have a receding hairline? Should I be worried? Is my hair thinning? Or is it just a mature hairline? I'm 19 years old. My father was bald by 25 both my grandfathers have hair.

Receding hairline or not?

Based on your photos it is difficult to tell if you have a receding hairline or just the onset of a mature hairline.  If you are concerned, it would be best to consult with a hair restoration specialist for an evaluation including a microscopic examination of your hair.   If you do have the onset of a receding hairline it is best for you to start on medication that will help you to keep most of the hair you have.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Receding Hairling

It is difficult to tell from your pictures if your hairline is receding. It would be best to compare photos of your hairline now to photos of your hairline from a few years back. If you are worried about thinning it is best to consider medical management options to prevent further thinning and hair loss.  Its always best to catch it early.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Receding hairline

That is not a hair loss because of ongoing process of androgenetic alopecia but  a simple juvenile type maturing of frontal hair line.  That is seen almost every young boys almost between 16-21 that have a very rounded hairline without recession in the corners.  Recession in the corners is a sign of mature pattern male frontal hair line.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss at age 19

Its really difficult to determine if your hairline has changed by looking at the pictures alone.  Certainly no-one looking at you would suspect you are losing any hair.  However, you can compare photos of an earlier time to determine if your hair line has moved back.  Based on what I can see I don't think you are losing hair but you can ensure that remains true with medical therapies such as romaine, propecia, laser and PRP.  Good luck!

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline maturation vs balding.

Comparing photographs of what your hair looked like 3-4 year ago is the best way to go about determining whether you have hairline maturation only some androgenetic alopecia too. 

Understanding Hair loss and treatment options: prp and progesterone

This is difficult to answer from pictures. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation if needed. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Receding Hairline?

It is difficult for me to tell the difference between a receding hairline and a maturing hairline. The only way to tell is to lift your eyebrows up so that your forehead shows wrinkles on it, then see if your hairline is higher than one finger breadth above the highest crease. If it is, then you have a receding hairline

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon