What kind of rhinoplasty will I need to achieve my goal ? And how long is my recovery? (Photos)

I'm very annoyed with my nose tip (picture 1), whenever I laugh it drops down and I feel really low about it. I believe if I have a slightly turned up nose like in picture 2 of the blonde girl, I'd be a lot happier about my outer look. So what is gonna happen in my rhinoplasty to achieve her look ? And how long would my recovery be ? Thank you very much

Closed rhinoplasty approach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish lifting the tip, shaving down the dorsal hump, And narrowing the bridge line. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling requires releasing of the depressor septi ligament. For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sharing you concerns
 You will benefit from a closed rhinoplasty
Cutting the muscle that pull the tip down will prevent dropping of the nose during smiling. It addition you need your smile to be shaved. and tip rotated upward

Good luck

Gaby D. Doumit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images.

Rhinoplasty can be used to take down a dorsal hump as well
as to lift and refine the tip. This is done by removing excess cartilage and if necessary bone that creates a hump.
In addition, the lower cartilages of the nose can be shortened to lift and set back the nasal tip. clipping muscles that pull down the nasal tip can help with preventing ptosis with animation.

Recovery typically includes a week for nasal splinting and tape, make-up application at 10 days, and by two weeks most patients can be back to work and social events, although swelling and rarely bruising may still be present. Patients should avoid exercise for two weeks, heavy lifting for three weeks and contact sports or glasses for 6 weeks.

Based on your images these things may apply. To get an exact diagnosis and plan, I would recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon