I am 4 months post op BA. My arms get tingly & numb.

Whenever I do my hair , makeup , and sleep on my sides my arms get tingly & so do my fingers then it gets numb . What could cause this? My doc said I can start wearing push up bras. Could it be that? Also my husband has played with them & squeezed a little . Could it be that the implants are pushed on some kind of nerves or what?

Tingling in arms/hands 4 months after breast implants?

I have never seen those exact symptoms even after 30+ years of breast augmentation surgery.  Since it is on both sides one would have to think of a neck problem affecting your cervical nerve roots.  This could be postural and possibly aggravated by the weight of very large implants (if that is the case).  It is common for patients with an axillary incision to have temporary numbness and tingling on the inner aspect of the upper arm but that does not sound like your situation.  Discuss with your GP and in time he might consider an MRI for you.  Good luck and best wishes.  

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Numbness and Tingling

Numbness and tingling is caused from pressure on the nerves.  Most likely some muscular skeletal issue, unlikely caused from the implant.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon as well as your primary care MD. Best of luck to you. 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Numbness & Tingling in Arms

Symptoms like numbness & tingling in arms and hands can be caused by many different things, including musculoskeletal issues. I recommend that you visit your primary care physician to investigate further.

All the best