Revision Rhinoplasty, now have asymmetry and indentation, what can be done? (photo)

Ive underwent my first septo/ rhinoplasty 4 years ago for big tip and braod bridge but then complicated with tip deformity so I get my SECOND/ REVISION rhinoplasty 10 months ago to decrease tip size and improve shape of it. Afterall I have A BALL NASAL TIP with NO DEFINITIONS and it BENTS to oneside more with asymmetry in the tip! Its idented in one side more with prominent round another side. I am depressed I cant get my dailylife back thinking all the time. What can be done?

Revision Rhinoplasty

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about your results. Pre-op photos would be more helpful in addressing your concerns. It seems that you will need another revision rhinoplasty focusing on the bulbous tip. There are several techniques that can be used to reduce the tip of your nose such as defatting the tip, cartilage grafting and/or reshaping.  I’ve added a video to show how it’s done, please visit my website for more information.

Dr. S

Revision rhinoplasty for the huge nasal tip?

Revision rhinoplasty for the huge nasal tip? Yes you should see several revision rhinoplasty surgeons who are VERY experienced and can show you photos of their work that you like.

Yeah, your tip is way too big. There should be a way to improve that a lot.

On a previous post, you had a photo of your nose before surgery. Comparing that photo with this, (and I know I haven't had the chance to examine you in person), it sure seems like the problem is one of excess scar tissue that is filling up the tip area.

You should understand that correcting a nose like yours in a revision operation requires advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon, and how to determine whether your primary surgeon should perform your revision.

I usually make computer morphs when I'm answering questions like this, to show the changes that are possible for your nose with a rhinoplasty, but unfortunately the one photo you submitted isn't good enough for making morphs. At the *very* bottom of the Web reference page is a link to instructions on taking and sending photos that are most useful for online consultations like this, in case you'd like a more complete evaluation.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't despair

revise it again....it appears that you still have pliable nasal skin and plenty of normal anatomy left to work with

Don't rush into anything...visit several revision rhinoplasty experts and become confident in a surgeon's evaluation and plan....make sure that their practice is focused on rhinoplasty and that they are confident doing revision rhinoplasty surgery

Good luck…