Fraxel Restore Severe Burning over a Month Later?

I had Fraxel Restore done twice before on my tzone area for scarring with no complications. I went for my 3rd 7 weeks ago and my doctor did the whole cheek unit against my wish on healthy unscarred skin on (setting 55MJ). The results are devastating (shiny burn texture, pinholes orange peel texture and constant burning and redness that is not improving) I was prescribed Desonide 5% to try to control it but still suffer. Do I see a burn specialist, do I keep using the steroid?

Fraxel Restore and Burning

Fraxel is a great laser for treating acne scars and sun damage.  Please post a photo to examine the area and your skin type.  If you are still having side effects from the laser I would definitely return to your treating physician for help.  Without a photo it is impossible to make any recommendations.  Please keep us posted.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel laser.