Would a facelift achieve this look?

Hi doctors, I had my cheekbone and jawline reduced and now experiencing soft tissue laxity. When I lift my skin up from my temple i achieve the desire heart shape look I want. Is a facelift able to achieve this look?

Find Out What Your Facelift Will Look Like With Consultation

The initial consultation is one of the most important aspects of having a satisfying and successful facelift. The look you are creating by lifting your skin by the temples may or may not be possible, depending on your anatomy, skin quality, and desired results. Being evaluated in person by a facial plastic surgeon will give you better answers than your mirror can. I hope this helps.

Facelift

Thank you for your question. While it is difficult to diagnose without pictures, it sounds like a facelift will be able to achieve your desired look. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SKIN LAXITY AFTER CHEEK AND JAWBONE REDUCTIONS

Answering without photos is difficult, but it sounds like you would need a temporal brow lift along with at least a mid face lift in order to treat the laxity that resulted from your bony structural reduction.  Of course, there is nothing like a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon to determine what you'll need.  The fact that you had reduction of your cheekbones and jaws makes you a special case (these are unique procedures) and you definitely need someone who is very experienced in facelift surgery.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Would a facelift achieve this look?

Unfortunately, without photos or a physical exam, it is difficult to say whether or not a facelift will achieve your desired look.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive facelift experience.  Once they have had an opportunity to examine you they should be able to tell you if your expectations are achievable.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Temporal Lift not facelift for upper cheek laxity

Dear Blossomsinbloom:

Thanks for this question.

No, a lifting elevation of the upper and sub-zygomatic cheek region occurs at the temple. Based on your description, you are describing a temporal lift and not a facelift to accomplish this goal. This can be performed in several different ways according to the talent and skills of your surgeon. 
  1. subcutaneous lift in-continuity with or not-incontinuity with elevation of the cheek region during a facelift. 
  2. endoscopic or traditional incision deep temporal lift
  3. endoscopic sub-periosteal brow and temporal lift 
You may also consider fillers or Sculptra.
  1. Fillers to add volume to the upper cheek and temple. This will fill the loose envelope of skin and possibly provide a widening (by filling) the upper third of the face to make it more heart shaped.
  2. Sculptra is a bio-active "filler" which does not provide much volume but stimulates firming and tightening of the skin and provides an excellent response to non-surgical filling of the temporal hollow. 
These are complex choices and should be evaluated for and recommended at an in-person consultation with a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial ENT surgeon with the appropriate skills and talent. 

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Skin laxity after jawline and cheekbone reduction, would a face lift benefit me?

If you have had time elapse, generally one year,  from this  reduction surgery, you may consider a facelift.

The type of surgery you underwent, your age and pictures would help to assess your concerns.  

If you feel your appearance is enhanced when you manipulate your face at your temples, you may benefit from a facelift with or without volume, fillers.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Had cheeks and jaw line reduced but when I lift my skin up from my temple i achieve the desire heart shape look I want. Is a fac

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts. Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. Pulling the face up by the temples will often make things appear tough but upon closer examination, your can see that the cheeks are flat with distortion of the corners of the eyes and mouth. Facelifts should shape the face and remove excess fat and skin.

Hope this helps.