Facelift: I had my cheekbone/zygomatic arch along with my jawline reduced.

Unfortunately, the bone reduction has caused my soft tissue to shift forward and now the skin/soft tissue is no longer tight like before. It's like a balloon being half deflated. Will a smas lower face lift be enough or would a mini facelift be more helpful?

Face lift for laxity after cheek bone and zygomatic arch reduced?

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• A SMAS face lift may be the answer but truly an examination in person is needed to advise you about this change in appearance after bone reduction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Photos will help

Hard to say without photos.
With loss of volume, comes sagging and deflation.
You may do well with fillers and skin thickening.
Pulling this tissues as in a lift may help also.

Face sagging after bone reduction

Facial tissues are supported by the bones first and foremost. I would suggest reimplanting or usin filler prior to a facelift, which should help, but will work better with underlying facial support. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Zygomatic and mandibular reduction, now with facial skin laxity

It sounds like you had some fairly intense bony surgery!  Would it be possible to submit some pictures of yourself.  That would be very helpful!  Thank you.

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bone reduction, skin/soft tissue is no longer tight like before.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties. Non smiling photos pf your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.