does icepack before & straight after krybella inpact on the effectiveness of the product?

does the deoxycholic acid have a harder time desolving the fat cell when it's cold???

Icing and Kybella

Applying ice before and after your Kybella injections does not affect the products effectiveness. It simply decreases your pain and discomfort. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Icepack and Kybella

I like having patients use an ice pack immediately before and after Kybella because it helps to decrease the pain of injection and the few minutes of a burning sensation as the Kybella goes to work.  It should not change its effectiveness on the fat.  Just makes you more comfortable.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella recovery

Thank you for your question. No, an icepack before and after Kybella, does not affect the results. I just suggest it to patients that want to alleviate their soreness. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella and icing

Thank you for your question. Appling cold compresses or ice packs to the neck area after treatment shouldn't affect the results at all. It often helps decrease the amount of swelling and also helps with comfort.

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. Icing before and after Kybella is for comfort and will not affect the outcome of your treatment. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Ice pack does not affect the effectiveness of Kybella

Icing the area does not deactivate or affect the overall efficacy of Kybella on treating the submental fat. I don't usually provide ice during the treatment as it is usually not necessary. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Icing

Icing immediately after Kybella is the best way to minimize the swelling from the injections.  Icing does not minimize the effectiveness of the product.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Ice is Nice

Fantastic question as temperature does affect the rate (or speed) of many chemical reactions in the body.  While it may be possible that lowering the temperature could affect the rate at which kybella breaks open the cell membranes of fat cells, it is not a clinically relevant temperature change for this procedure and icing will not lessen your results.  Almost all kybella treatments come with some degree of swelling and inflammation and icing will help lessen this.  So icing is your friend, but don't consider combining kybella and cool sculpting in a single session as tempting as that may sound.  Enjoy your results.

Milan Lombardi, MD
Tampa Dermatologic Surgeon

Icing After Kybella

Thanks for your question!  Icing after Kybella injections is encouraged to help minimize swelling and pain over the injection sites.  It will not alter the effectiveness.  Best of luck to you!

Ice with Kybella

No, icing the neck either before or after injectiing Kybella does not influence its effectiveness. The ice helps with swelling, and can also numb the skin a little bit prior to the injection - so there will be less discomfort.