Breast implant or Breast lift with implants? (Photos)

The surgery i am considering to go too, examined my picture and suggested i have a breast lift and implant. But i don't agree as i don't feel like my breast sags. I was wondering from the picture what is the best option ? Thank you.

Breast implant or Breast lift with implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:

1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger

I use implants in combination with a lift when:

1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified surgeon for an evaluation and to talk abuot what kind of lift do you need and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Implants or lift?

If you want larger breasts, with better cleavage and fuller upper pole, an augmentation alone will probably be a good choice.  Another option is to have an implant and if that is not sufficient in 6-12 months, return for a lift procedure.  This stepwise treatment preserves all of your options without forcing you into one procedure or the other.  You should seek the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographed.  Of course and in person exam is necessary for a proper answer.  However based on your photograph you are borderline for needing a lift on the left side.

A dual plane submuscular breast augmentation may provide a satisfactory result.  There is nothing wrong with having the breast augmentation done as long as you understand that you may need a lift as a secondary procedure at 6 months.  For more information please read the link below:

Breast Implants with Lift

Breast implants with no lift is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.  They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight. The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping , an implant may be useful with the lift as well.

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. It would be best to discuss all of these details in consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon to help determine the best lift procedure and type of implant to achieve your desired results. Good luck.