Breast implants without lift? (Photo)

I am planning on getting breast implants in the following months, I want to go from size B to D, but my surgeon has recommended that I do a benelli lift as well. I am quite conscious about doing the benelli lift due to the scarring, nipple sensation etc. I'm 32 years old.

Breast Lift with Implant

Thanks for submitting your photo.
My advise to you will be a breast lift procedure with implants and lollipop scar.Only performing an implant procedure will not make you happy because of the width of your NAC diameter. Another option for you will be a periareolar mastopexia surgery with implant for a good shape and a lollipop scar.
Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

When In Doubt- Research & 2nd Opinions Count!

Hi Ginger0210, I agree that you would need a lift with implant to achieve the best aesthetic outcome. I would be weary of any surgeon that tells you otherwise. First, let's clarify, the "benelli" lift is a fancy term for a periareolar or modified mastopexy (breast lift). There are generally 3 approaches to lifting the breasts and this is the most minimal approach, only achieving a very modest improvement in breast ptosis (sagging). I would talk with your surgeon in more detail and form an understanding of exactly why this was the method they recommended and how much lift can be expected. Maybe he agreed to it simply because you are fearful of scarring and did not want the more visible incision sites. And as long as you understand you may not have the end breast shape and perkiness you want, but will have minimal scars, then your expectations are set and you can move forward. However, if you've been given the indication you will have a much higher, perkier breasts with this minimal incision, you need to talk further. This would be a good time for the second opinion! To address your main concerns: Periareolar incisions DO tend to be ideal, forming very fine scars when totally healed and there aren't any additional risk associated with this incision for loss of sensation. (The nerves that give your nipples feeling run from the outermost edge of the chest leaving the rib cage and running through your chest muscle then into the breast.) Bottom line here, you need to do your research the 3 types of breast lifts, look at patients before/afters to see that the scarring from vertical and full mastopexies are really not THAT bad and be honest with yourself about your ideal outcome and what achieving that result will entail. Everyone wants high, perfectly symmetrical breasts, but no scars, no pain and no changes in sensation. That is just something no surgeon can offer. I wish you luck! You will find what's best for you, just do your research!

William Aiello, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. From your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift along with your augmentation.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast implants without a lift might accomplish your goal

Yes, you could just get implants alone. Implants do no lifting but can give the illusion of lift. I believe, though, that your questions and doubts would best be answered by a getting second opinion with a plastic surgeon in person. The consultation would allow you to fully discuss your goals and concerns and possibly give you the information you need to help you decide which approach will best accomplish your goals. Hope this helps and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants without lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo you will need a breast lift in addition to breast implants to avoid a snoopy deformity.  Please search for snoopy deformity so you can see the risk of not having a left.  For more information please read the link below:

Thank you for your question and providing a photo. I tell all my patients that breast implants fill your breasts out and that they do not lift your breasts. If a women wants her breasts higher on her chest then a lifting procedure needs to be performed. I do believe the incisions and resulting scars should be considered. I would discuss your concerns with your PS. Best of luck