Can You Get a Second Brazilian Butt Lift?

I really, really want a bigger butt; I did not get the results I was looking for. Is it possible for a second one to go well?

Multiple BBLs

Thanks for your question and I am sorry that you did not get the results that you wanted. We need to determine why you didn't get the result that you wanted which have led you to desiring a repeat procedure. There are a myriad of reasons for this including all the possible risks and complications that are given in the informed consent. While complications do occur, with proper management of patient expectations, satisfactory revision or repeat surgery is entirely possible.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes, it is possible to have a second Brazilian butt lift. Sometimes, to achieve the volume a patient wants, multiple procedures are necessary because there are limits on how much fat a surgeon can remove during surgery. 

Good luck, let us know how everything goes.

Regards,
Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Please update us with a couple of pictures and wish pictures also to receive a more defined answer. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Revision Brazilian Butt Lift

It may be possible to peform a revision brazilian butt lift if you have residual fat reserves to perform the procedure.  Best to be seen in person.

Can you get a second BB?

The desire and/need for a second BBL is not uncommon. In fact amongst my patients about 35% will undergo a second procedure. The mail limiting factor is having sufficient donor fat. If not enough fat is available for transfer then one must gain sufficient weight. The second procedure is usually less extensive and the results are usually very satisfactory. Patient satisfaction is very high. When seeking to have a BBL you need to find a PS with extensive experience performing the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD

Can one get a second Brazilian Butt Lift?

Thank you for the question. Without any photos this is very difficult to answer. In theory, yes you can get a second BBL. This depends on how much donor fat you have or was left after your first surgery. Second time around it is more difficult due to some scarring in the previous donor sites and if one needs to get back to these areas. I use the VASER in my procedure which allows me to collect fat even from scarred areas. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Of course, you can.  Almost 1/3 of my patients are revisions.  The surgery is more difficult, but I can frequently remove 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc per buttock in those.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Yes it can be done.

It is possible to have the Brazilian Butt Lift more than one time. But it doesn't make sense unless you have enough extra fat to inject the buttocks again.

Charles Zollman, MD